Apartment dwellers may take advantage balcony for gardening. Whenever possible, use an indoor concept for growing herb plants. Many benefits owned by herb plants, some people use herbs as kitchen spice, aromatherapy or home remedies.
There are many herb plants for apartments such as: Rosemary, thyme, sage, lemon balm, parsley, chives, mint, oregano, tarragon, cilantro and many more.
Before starting your project, find out how to plant and take care of!
1. Look for containers with adequate drainage holes. If you are using tin cans as a substitute for container, make holes for drainage. Buy a high quality potting soil at nursery store.
2. Put the containers in a strategic area, reachable by sunlight and a good air circulation. You can place them on the balcony or windowsill. Arrange the containers in neatly.
3. Before carrying out planting process, take a moment to read the package’s instructions. Afterwards, water the pot with a gentle mist.
4. Maintenance is important for herbs able to thrive, give nutrients to support growth, water-soluble and quick-release fertilizer is the right choice. Please read the package’s instructions, so you know the best time to fertilize.
5. Once the plants mature, use shears to prune the herbs.
Some beginners admit that growing herbs is not an easy case. As an initial project, choose the herbs easy to grow and take care of.