Basil is a popular ingredient and may people use it for medical or food. Since many people are looking for this plant at grocery store, there is nothing wrong to plant basil in your own area and it’s easy to start! You don’t have to prepare wide and large land, all you need is preparing containers.
Is it difficult for growing basil in containers? All depends on you, follow all steps below!
1. Purchase a container that is sized to fit the size and species. Some species of basil grow almost like shrub and some grow compact. For growing a single basil plant variant, it’s better to choose a 10-12 inch in diameter potting container.
2. Check over the containers and make sure they built with drainage holes in the base. In order to make the water drains well, add small stones into the base of container.
3. Use a high-quality potting soil for the containers and you can get it from local nursery store.
4. After filling up the containers with soil, now you have to make a hole for the seedlings. Use your finger to make small hole or a larger hand tool to create a large hole. Make sure the hole is deep enough to cover the roots.
5. After the planting process, do watering the plants for the first time.
6. Since you are growing basil in containers, you are free to place the basil in a perfect spot that receives direct sunlight.