Growing garlic in a pot is an alternative way for people who often face space limitation problem. No need a large yard to grow garlic, even people who live in apartment can have their own garlic garden. However, this is not an easy mission because there are a lot of things need to consider. Let’s learn how to grow garlic in a pot or container concept.
1. Prepare well-drained potting mixture into a 12-inch diameter pot. Choose a pot six inches deep and there is one drainage hole right on the bottom.
2. Prepare garlic bulb and use your hand to break it into the individual cloves. You must set aside the largest cloves for planting.
3. The next step you can do is sowing the cloves 1 1/2 inches deep into the soil. Make sure the bulbs have enough space to form, it means, you need to put the cloves four inches apart in all directions.
4. After you have done step number 3, don’t forget watering the soil.
5. Put the pot onto a site with full sunlight access. If you live in apartment, you can place the pot next to a window.
6. Give fertilizer regularly. You can start to harvest if the foliage begins to yellow.
Growing garlic in containers or a pot is easy as long as you follow all steps in this article!