Starting a kitchen garden is a smart solution to enjoy vegetables, herbs or fruits in a fresh condition without need to buy at a grocery store or supermarket. People make a garden for growing a wide variety of vegetables and herbs, especially for kitchen supply.
1. Prioritize herbs and vegetables that you most like. If you are a beginner, it is better to choose plants that easy to grow and easy to maintain.
2. Look for a strategic location with full sunlight access throughout the day. Plow the soil and add compost or other organic material to improve the soil nutritional or pH.
3. Learn the characteristics of plants and growing space. Each plant has different characteristics, as well as growth process. Read more references such as books or articles on the internet.
4. Choose small vegetable plants if your home has a small yard or outsmart this matter by using container concept.
5. Each plant has the best time to grow and harvest. Make a schedule to enjoy the harvest on a regular basis.
6. Planting seeds directly in the ground is a wise move and cheap, and after the shoots grow, you should move it into the container.
7. If you are a novice and inexperienced, start project by buying nursery seedlings.
8. After you prepare everything, purchase seedlings and you are ready to plant.
Actually, starting a kitchen garden is an easy job, but needs a high concentration to succeed.