For some dummies, running for container gardening is not easy because there are many things they need to learn to avoid time wasting. If you are a beginner and don’t know how to carry out container gardening, don’t hesitate to try container gardening for dummies.
1. Prepare a container. Container size may vary and depend on the type of plant. Make sure there are drainage holes feature.
2. Don’t use soil from your garden. Choose quality, rich soil and you can get it at the store nursery. Mix soil with peat moss, organic compost and perlite.
3. Choose small plants as early projects such as peppers, lettuce, cabbage, beets, carrots, radishes, cucumbers, etc. Small plants are more suitable for container concept because it will not take up so much space like large plants.
4. Place the container in a region with full sun access. In addition, the location must have a good air circulation. If you put a container in the house, keep it away from heating vents or a fireplace. If you put container on the outside, please move it into the house when winter comes.
5. Perform routine checks on soil moisture, do not forget for watering regularly.
6. Make sure the plants obtain adequate nutrition. You can give a water-soluble fertilizer.
7. Give a stake to support growth, especially for cucumbers and tomatoes.
Container gardening isn’t that hard, right? For dummies, don’t hesitate to put into practice for seven steps above.