Living in an apartment is not a bad choice to have a garden. Even so, there are six important factors need to consider about how to start a garden in your apartment.
1. Avoid dark areas and unreachable by sunlight. Plants need sunlight because Photosynthesis will never happen if the plant doesn’t get sunlight.
2. Research is very important to determine the seeds you want to plant. Find out the characteristics of plants, start from climate and everything to thrive.
3. Check soil condition if you want to use a container or pot. You are highly recommended buying a quality potting soil. Avoid use soil from your apartment area, potting soil help the plants to thrive.
4. Perform proper planting procedures and prepare everything you need such as buckets, fertilizer, shovels and most importantly, seeds. Buy a container with drainage holes and high quality potting soil.
5. Plants need fertilizer to support the growth, give sufficient fertilizer. Don’t over-fertilize because it gives a negative effect on growth and threaten survival.
6. Routine treatment will assure growth, water the plants on a regular basis, check and don’t let the soil moisture in a dry state.
That’s six ways on how to start a garden in your apartment and isn’t difficult for a beginner. Each plant requires a different treatment and learning the characteristics of the plant before you start.