We have learned for growing carrots in garden. There is another concept you can try and that is containers concept. This concept is a suitable choice for people who live in a small house with tiny yard or apartment. Growing carrots in containers is a possible mission, but there are many things need to be prepared!
1. Specification for the pot is at least 18 inches wide and 12 inches deep. Make sure there is a drainage hole in the bottom.
2. Fill up the pot with potting mix, choose the high quality ones! Please be careful before you buy soil mix, choose a brand with no water absorbing polymers or pre-mixed with synthetic time-released fertilizers.
3. Only certain types of carrot able to thrive well in containers such as Parmex, Kinbi and Nelson. It’s advisable to choose carrot that only grows less than six inches long.
4. In the planting process, space of the seeds should be about one inch apart in rows that are six inches apart.
5. After planting the seeds, all you have to do is keeping the seed consistently moist. It’s an easy job, but you shouldn’t look it down.
6. As the carrot plants continue to grow, remember to make the potting soil evenly moist!
That’s all you have to do! Growing carrots by using containers is easy if you pay attention to environment condition.