Are you a vegetarian? Growing vegetables in the yard or apartment balcony is really possible to do. If you love eating squash as daily meals, try to plant by your own hands. Take yellow squash as your first project.
Start container gardening for squash isn’t as difficult as you think. Follow some steps below:
1. First, buy potting soil, peat moss, compost and manure. Combine all materials into one. According to Agriculture Business Week magazine, rich soil give a positive impact and obtain sufficient nutrients to support growth. So, no need to give a lot of fertilizer in the future.
2. Please be careful in planting pumpkin seeds. Make sure there is adequate distance to support growth. Plant the seeds in good position.
3. Yellow squash including as a plant that needs full sunlight. Place squash container in an area that easy accessible by the sun all day.
4. Watering the squash every week, about one inch of water. Growing squash in a container need discipline to check soil moisture. Plants need more water, but do not overdo it. Please check the soil surface routinely.
5. Even though you are using rich soil, nutrients derived from fertilizers still needed.
6. Harvest time comes when squash has a diameter of two inches.
At a glance, grow squash in a container is an easy job. However, this plant is susceptible to pests. You must be vigilant!