Earlier times, people grow vegetables organically without using any chemical material. Today, organic concept becomes a favorite one for modern society. However, some of them are difficult to make an organic vegetable garden, but it is very easy.
For a beginner who wants to learn how to start an organic vegetable garden, follow these steps:
1. Find an area with well-drained soil and reachable by sunlight. Create a raised bed that adjusts to the size of your project.
2. Go to nursery store and buy compost, mix the soil in the raised bed, three weeks before carrying out the process of planting. You can make your own compost by using the plant material or animal manures.
3. Choose vegetables easy to grow and maintain, especially the one that able to adapt with climate and environment where you live. For starters, choose vegetables resistant to disease and pest. Confused? Visit a local nursery store and ask for advice.
4. Do not forget to water and give mulch. Healthy plants are not too appealing for some pests. Healthy plants are more robust in dealing with the damage.
5. Remove the weeds become the best precaution to prevent pests. Use the concept of crop rotation and study them carefully that may be experienced by the plants that you are planting.
Well, start an organic vegetable garden is easy for a newbie. You have to study carefully, follow those steps above and look for more references.