Since oregano is one of the most popular herbs, many people want to have it in their garden. Luckily, this plant is easy to grow and everybody can have it, which means, people who live in an apartment or home with small yard can plant oregano using indoor concept. Is it possible? How to grow oregano indoors?
1. You can start from seeds or nursery stock. If you want to start from the second option, choose a bushy oregano plant that has bright green leaves.
2. Since you are using indoor concept, prepare a pot that match with the size of the oregano plant. In this case, you can choose a 6-inch pot built in with a drainage hole. Don’t forget to place marbles or pebbles in the base of pot to increase drainage.
3. Avoid using soil around your environment. Go to nursery store and buy a high quality potting soil. Fill up the pot with a mix of potting soil and perlite or sand, as alternative, you can mix the potting soil with a pinch of garden lime in a balance composition.
4. Don’t forget to water the plant thoroughly after the planting process. Please do it gently.
5. Now, you just need to find a great location for the plant. Since this plant need at least six hours of sunlight, next to balcony or windowsill can be a great place. Remember not to let the plant get exposed to harsh sunlight.
It’s easy how to grow oregano indoors. Follow all five steps above!