Indoor gardening is the best solution for those who want a hobby to grow various kinds of plants. But not all people dare to do it because they don’t know what to do, especially beginners. Don’t be afraid or hesitant to try it, maybe you also need to read indoor gardening tips for beginners below:
1. Lighting plays an important role to helping the plant’s growth. Light coming from the sun is recommended. If the room isn’t getting enough sunlight, you should move the plant next to doors or windows. Alternative option is installing low or medium lights such as African Violets or Philodendrons.
2. Water become a requirement for indoor gardening and should be considered carefully. In fact, we must know the water needed by a plant. Provide water in excess can harm the plant growth. In order to know the soil moisture, you can use a hydrometer which is available at nursery stores.
3. Pot plays an important role! Choose the one match with the plant size. If you want to beautify the room decor, you can choose a pot with a unique design. There are a variety of materials used, make sure you choose the one with a drainage hole.
4. In order for plants to flourish, it is advisable to give fertilizer. If you don’t have a time and place to make compost, you can buy it at the nursery store.
5. One of the most important things of indoor gardening tips is maintaining the soil moisture. In addition, you also have to maintain the plant cleanliness by cleaning the dust and dirt on the leaves.
That’s five indoor gardening tips for beginners you can apply!