Start an organic garden does not require large tracts of land and you can even make it in the yard. Execute the following steps if you are wondering how to start an organic garden at home.
1. Look for strategic area around the yard. Accessible area by sunlight and water sources is a good place to start. Another requirement is a good drainage system and strategic area to create a raised bed garden.
2. Clean the area from dangerous plants such as weeds and remove any small stones. Make sure the area is free from something dangerous.
3. Check soil condition such as finding out pH level. If there are deficiencies, enhance pH level by giving greensand, bone meal, rock phosphate and compost.
4. Support organic plant growth by giving fertilizer regularly.
5. Blanket your garden with organic mulch, you may opt a ground bark.
6. Make your own version fertilizer. Make organic fertilizer isn’t complicated because you can use grass clippings, eggshells, kitchen waster, recycle leaves and compost pile.
7. Choose plants that fit in with area where you live. Some plants require different treatments, as well as vegetables or fruits, need extra supervision.
You can start an organic garden at home, but take more time to keep an eye on plants to thrive without any threat.