Basil is an important herb and now many people trying to create their own basil garden. This an economical way to fulfill your spice rack without need to spend any money, it means, you don’t have to buy basil from local grocery store. Is it difficult to make basil garden? How to grow basil from seed?
All the answers will be revealed in this article? Read them all carefully!
1. Prepare all necessary items such as seeds, fertilizer, peat and mulch.
2. The best time to start is the beginning of summer. Find a good area in your yard that receive full sunlight and if the soil pH isn’t qualify, create a raised bed and use a high quality soil from nursery store.
3. Buy high quality seeds from local nursery, and spread the seeds about 8 to 10 per inch. Cover them with soil, and cover them once again with a mix of soil and peat. This will ensure the soil stay moist.
4. Basil seeds also need water, but do not give too much water. Over-water the seeds will create a bad effect for the growth.
5. Do not forget to give a fertilizer especially contain nitrogen, potassium and phosphorous oxide.
6. Sometimes, weeds often show up and this can be a huge problem. Avoid pesticides, better use mulch or shallow cultivation to overcome weeds.
You can follow five steps above if you are asking about how to grow basil from seed.