There are many ways to grow garlic! People who live in an apartment or small house often face space limitation problem. However, that problem isn’t a hindrance to start growing garlic because there is a method by using containers. Absolutely, this is a good trick. Let’s learn growing garlic in containers.
1. First, prepare a larger container and fill it three-quarters by using potting soil. Let it moistened by pouring the water.
2. Now, you have to set up the garlic cloves in the container, put them five inches apart in all directions.
3. Make sure the cloves are covered to a 4-inch depth. The next step is watering the pot for a second time, this action to moisten the added soil.
4. You have to put the container in full sunlight area, make sure the sunlight has full day access. Give water to the container when the top surface of soil start feels dry.
5. Prepare straw because you need it to cover the soil surface. A 2- to 3-inch layer of straw is recommended. This action is to protect the plants during cold weather.
6. When the spring comes, you have to remove the mulch especially when the foliage begins pushing the straw. In this matter, you have to start watering the soil.
7. You can start to harvest the crops after flowering, especially when the foliage starts to die back.