Organic garden is a different concept without harmful chemicals. The best choice for people who want vegetables, herbs and fruits grow naturally. Start an organic garden from scratch isn’t easy for a beginner because there are some things you need to do carefully.
1. Find the best spot, reachable by sunlight with great air circulation and access to water. Make sure the soil drains well or build a raised bed garden as an alternative.
2. Remove all weeds from the area. Ensure the area is clean enough before you start planting.
3. Find out about soil condition. If its nutrient is low, then give organic matters such as compost, rock phosphate or bone meal. Increase pH by giving sulfur or lime.
4. Cover your garden with organic mulch such as ground bark.
5. Make your own organic fertilizer with natural materials such as kitchen waste, grass clippings, eggshell, recycle leaves and a compost pile.
6. Choose plants that are easy to grow and maintain, disease resistant. Make sure the plants can grow in a local weather and climate.
7. Keep an eye on the growth of plants, do daily observation. Remove weeds is a prevention activity against diseases and insects.
Try seven steps above if you want to start an organic garden from scratch.