Basil has different species and you can find the one that come from Thailand. This is a good ingredient to make Thai or Indian foods. If you want this plant to grow in your garden, follow all steps below about how to grow Thai basil from seed!
1. Prepare basic items such as: Small pots, Soil and Thai basil seeds.
2. You can grow Thai basil with indoor or outdoor concept. Better to start with container such as small pots. You can place them on the kitchen windowsill.
3. Spread the seeds after you fill up the pots with high quality soil. Cover them once again with 1/8 inch of rich soil. Make sure each seed has enough space to grow and space rows of plants should be about 12 to 18 inches apart.
4. Thai basil must get direct sunlight at least 4 to 6 hours per day. Always keep the soil stay moist, sprout will shows up 1 to 2 weeks after planting process.
5. After the plants reach 2 to 3 inches tall, you can move them out from indoor.
6. You can remove the leaves at the top section of a stem at once. Don’t worry because this action to encourage new growth.
Those are six steps about how to grow Thai basil from seed. Now, you can enjoy the plants to make tasty Indian or Thai foods. If you want to grow different type, consider holy basil!