There are many ways to grow oregano, even in the water. It’s really possible and moreover, it is categorized as a plant that easy to grow. Well, how to grow oregano in water?
1. Prepare an empty soda bottle and cut the top. Make sure the hole is large enough, at least able to hold a Styrofoam cup.
2. Prepare a heavy tape and use it to cover the cut top of the soda bottle. The tape acts as protector from cutting you or damage the cup. Besides heavy tape, you can use duct tape or wide electrical tape.
3. A good container must have a drainage hole in the bottom. Make holes at the bottom of the soda bottle and also lower sides of the cup. Make a hole for the cup by using a screwdriver or pencil, so the roots can reach the water.
4. Now, you have to add perlite in the cup. Perlite works as a medium to plant oregano seedling. Make sure there is no soil on the roots of oregano seedling and wash it off before planting process.
5. Fill up the bottle with nutrient solution, use carefully the hydroponic nutrients and read the label instructions. Remember not to cover all the roots with nutrient solution.
6. The last thing of how to grow oregano in water is to find a sunny location. The plants must receive at least six hours per day of natural sunlight.