How to grow holy basil from seed? This article has everything you need and not hard at all to do.
1. Choose the best time to start. A season with full sun is more recommended. You can start in late spring, especially in April or May.
2. Before you start to grow holy basil, prepare the area and make sure there are no any weeds or foliages. Take a spade or shovel to till the soil and start digging up at least a foot below the surface, no more, no less and rake the soil. Space of row to grow is about 12-inch.
3. Holy basil can grow perfectly in moist soil. You have to watering the plants twice a day during 1 to 2 weeks. Always check over the soil condition, put your finger to know the moisture level. Give enough water and never let the soil becomes muddy.
4. You can thin the holy basil to 1 to 2 feet apart, right after the seeds have sprouted.
5. Since holy basil needs moist soil, give water to the plant regularly. You can give water to the plant with a gardening hose after the plant has reached a height of 4 inches.
Those are five things you can do. If your friends asking about how to grow holy basil from seed, recommend this article. Are you seeking a different alternative? Try Thai basil!