Is it hard for growing carrots in garden? Well, all depends on your effort. Actually, there are a lot of things you have to consider such as the seeds, the planting process, climate, harvest time and some important aspects too.
1. If you want to use indoor concept, the important things you must know is carrot seeds no need to be started with indoor concept.
2. If you want to use outdoor concept, it’s advisable to start planting three weeks before the last spring frost. For every three successive weeks, you can sow plantings.
3. The best time to start planting is fall, summer, spring and you can also start in the winter.
4. If you want to start from seed, make sure to buy high quality seeds and must be used within three to four years.
5. You must plant the seeds with a ½ inch depth. For each hole, simply put 2-3 seeds.
6. Each hole must between two to four inches apart and 18-24 inches apart for each row.
7. Carrot is a vegetable that easy to grow, either in a full sun area or partial shade.
8. The maintenance is easy. All you have to do is to keep the soil moist at all times. If the plants almost mature, please reduce giving water.
9. You can harvest approximately 10 weeks after planting the seeds.