Since basil is an important herb for cooking or medical purpose, many people are trying to have their own basil garden. People who live in small home or small apartment, they tend to run indoor concept. How to grow basil indoors?
1. Prepare all items such as: Liquid vegetable fertilizer, Twine, Rubber band, Plastic wrap, Spray bottle, Potting soil, 4-inch planting pots and don’t forget high quality basil seeds.
2. Use potting soil to fill up the planting pots. Buy pots with saucers and have drainage holes in the base.
3. Spread the seeds on the pots and give about three or four seeds to each pot. Cover the seeds with 1/4 inch of soil and give water with a spray bottle.
4. Once you have done with step number two, take plastic wrap to cover the pots and tie up with a twine or rubber band. This action will maintain moisture and heat inside the pot, germination become faster and easier. Find a warm place in indirect sunlight for the pot.
5. Water the pots by using a spray bottle and you must do it two or three times a week. When the sprout comes up, you can remove the plastic wrap.
6. When the seedlings have at least two sets of leaves, thin them out.
7. Keep the soil stay moist, give water to the basil plants with a spray bottle about once or twice a week.
8. Give liquid vegetable fertilizer about three or four times a year with balance composition.
Follow all steps above if you are asking how to grow basil indoors.