Many people love to eat strawberries because delicious taste. If you love this fruit so much and want to enjoy it for free, start to grow with your own hands. Growing strawberry plant isn’t difficult, doesn’t require a large area too. While you don’t have a vast land and living in an apartment, there is nothing impossible to grow strawberries.
How to start container gardening for strawberries? Here are simple steps that you can do!
1. Late winter to mid-spring become the best time to grow strawberries, so you can take advantage of natural summer growing seasons. Note the environment around you especially air temperature should about 55 to 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Even though you use beds, containers or pots to grow strawberries, make sure all these have drainage holes.
3. After providing some containers or pots, mix potting soil and organic compost.
4. Please be careful in planting seeds and be sure to plant strawberries at every 15 inches in large container. This plant can’t thrive in shallow or deep plantings.
5. After setting things up, find the best location to place the containers. The best location should get full sun all day and good air circulation.
6. Water the plants every week with two inches of water.
7. Do not forget to give fertilizers as nutrient that supports growth.
Besides seven steps above, you must have high discipline, care for the plant to thrive and produce fresh fruits.