Growing carrots in containers such as pots become an ideal solution for gardeners who often face space limitation problem. However, plant this vegetable isn’t the same thing like the conventional way, there are some preparation too. It’s not too difficult to try on and you may follow all steps below for growing carrots in pots!
1. After you buy some pots, fill them with peat. You must also add a vegetable fertilizer and vermiculite to retain moisture.
2. You have to make rows too. The specification is 1/2-inch-deep and space about two and half inches apart. However, the spacing between the rows is depending on particular seed variety.
3. The planting process is easy, put the seeds along each row, cover with a layer of soil and give water. Sprouts start show up about a week.
4. If the seedlings are an inch tall, you have to decrease them. The procedure is easy because you just need to cut them at the surface.
5. In order to prevent the top of the carrots from turning green, you have to add additional peat for covering the surface of the growing carrots when the soil settles around them.
6. Once a week, give a liquid fertilizer. You can do it if the plants have established greens that are a few inches tall.
7. The final step, you have to thin the plants if they are six to eight inches tall.
Overall, growing carrots in pots is easy as you can do all those steps above!