How to start a veggie garden? A beginner can do it and enjoy fresh vegetables. It’s easy to make a veggie garden, if you are someone who loves gardening activities and veggie lovers, these steps below will make you more excited.
1. A good location should be away from trees and everything that impede sunlight access. Area must have a well-drained soil, full sun access and next to water supply. Strategic area give comfort and make you excited for gardening.
2. Make a list of vegetables suitable to location and climate where you live. Learn the characteristic of the plants carefully, both the process of planting, spacing requirements, planting dates and the best time to harvest.
3. Make an initial design of your veggie garden. Learn every corner of the area, so vegetables flourish.
4. Clean up the location from the annoying plants. Before carrying out the process of planting, you must break up the soil by using a mechanized tiller or hand tools.
5. Increase soil nutrients by giving manure, compost or other organic matter.
6. Find or buy seeds from a reliable nursery store or garden center. If you want to buy online, make sure the website has a good reputation and famous enough.
Start a veggie garden doesn’t require you have a vast land and combine with container concept is the best way to overcome land limitations.