Backyard is the best place to make a garden, start your gardening activities in this area. How to start a garden in your backyard?
1. Fence your backyard to make more private and protect from the larger pests that might destroy your garden.
2. Using soil in your backyard isn’t the best solution to begin gardening. A fatal mistake since this soil isn’t has good nutrition to support growth and contain something that may endanger survival of the plants.
You are highly recommended to purchase rich soil from nursery store. Rich soil helps growth and planting activities become so much easier.
3. Make garden in a separate area from the rest of the yard. Create a barrier by using cement or wood blocks. This step is very important to make sure no other plants reach your garden, whether grass or weeds.
4. Before starting planting process, study the characteristics of the plants. You also need to know about sunlight hours. Plants need sunlight to thrive, therefore, look for reachable area by sunlight.
5. Make a raised bed garden if the area prone to flooding. The advantage from this concept is the control of soil moisture become easier, even for a beginner.
6. Many people asking about how to start a garden in your backyard even in a small area? Use container is the best answer!