If you like to enjoy fresh tomatoes without having to buy at grocery store or supermarket, use land around the house or apartment to plant tomatoes. Using container concept is the best choice for limited land or space and grow tomatoes with this concept isn’t difficult at all.
Do you want to carry out container gardening for tomatoes? Here are some useful tips:
1. Choose big container, use for one type only. There is a lot of container that you can choose, whether gallon buckets, planters or something that you buy at nursery store. Besides considering its size, don’t forget pay attention to important features such as drainage holes.
2. Grow tomatoes in a container isn’t an easy job, this plant requires more water to thrive successfully. Keep soil stays moist, give enough water without make soil becomes muddy. If this plant gains a lot of water, roots rot easily.
Even so, don’t give water in a small number. Plants will not thrive and fruit will rot.
3. Plants also need nutrients, give a slow release fertilizer or Espoma to support growth.
4. This plant needs sunlight at least six hours, but above is a lot better. If the location doesn’t have quite access, move it to another point. As a substitute, you can use grow lamps especially if you put a container inside home and winter arrives.
5. Make sure the plant roots embedded deeper inside container.