The best place to make a vegetable garden is in the backyard. There are a few things you need to prepare, whether you are a beginner or experienced gardeners. Let’s discuss how to start a backyard vegetable garden!
1. Early spring is the best time to start this project. Choose an area with full sun access, maximum eight hours every day, and well-drainage.
Vegetable crops can flourish when obtaining enough sunlight and good soil condition. Begin this project with medium or small size for easier maintenance, especially for beginners. For experienced gardeners, it’s fine to start with a broader area.
2. Improve soil conditions by giving nutrition and create quality drainage. Mix a combination of half organic compost to improve nutrition and half quick-draining gardening soil into the top foot of your garden site.
3. Choose plants based on season and climate. For starters, choose plants that easy to maintain and your favorite to eat. Learn the characteristics of plants for easy care.
4. After determining the type of vegetables, plan your garden design.
5. Make a neat schedule of planting to enjoy harvest time for each season.
Overall, start a backyard vegetable garden is totally easy, no problem for beginner or experienced gardeners. As long as you love this activity, you will continue eager to spend time caring for and watering the vegetable crops.