Having a small land became the main obstacle that makes people unwilling to start gardening activity. For them, gardening is a suitable activity for a vast and large land. In fact, container gardening is a perfect concept for a small land.
This concept allows a beginner to grow berries and fresh vegetables. Well, how to run container gardening for small spaces?
1. Look for the best location to put containers. If you want to grow berries and vegetables, find a location with full sunlight access. Make sure the area get at least six hours of sun each day. In this spot, you can grow carrots, radishes and lettuce.
2. Choose a container that allows the roots to grow. Container consists of several types, start from plastic pots, wooden barrels, wooden boxes or large metal tubs. Make sure the container has a space at least 8-inches deep.
3. Fill the container with good quality soil. It has good water penetration which gives good impact for the plants. You can buy rich soil at nurseries and garden centers around the city.
4. The plants in containers need more water, especially when the summer comes. Soil can be dried out quickly.
5. After applying the four steps above, then you can grow a variety of plants like lettuce, peas, beets, tomatoes, cucumbers and herbs.
Apparently, there is nothing impossible to run container gardening for small spaces.