Start a garden on your porch is a smart solution to solve land limitation issue or need an extra space. This positive step also enhances beauty of the home exterior. However, many people don’t know how to start a garden on your porch. Try following tips!
1. The first step is determining the type of container you want to use. Several options are available such as pots or hanging baskets. Pots or containers need to adjust the size of plants and not interfere with the growth, particularly the roots.
2. Potting soil is better than soil from your own yard. Plants need nutrients and rich soil/potting soil is a smart solution. Visit your local nursery store, buy potting soil as necessity. Nowadays, potting soil is available with nutrients and vitamin supplements to help growth.
3. The most enjoyable moment is looking plants for your porch. Before you buy something, learn the characteristics of plants in detail. If you are a beginner, choose plants easy to grow. Each plant has different characteristics and need different treatments too.
4. Better off choosing young plants rather than seeds. Grow plants from seeds take a longer time. If you choose young plants, before moving them to new containers, clean the roots from any dirt.
5. Arrange containers in your porch, use creativity to produce a unique design.