There are many ways to start gardening activities and one of them is using container concept. It doesn’t need a large yard and an indoor concept is matching with this concept. There are many types of plants that can thrive in containers.
Container is the main thing required for this concept. Some people may be reluctant to spend money and buy some containers. Fortunately, there are many ways to get a container for free. Take advantage of secondhand goods around you like an old watering can and a coffee can.
Coffee can as container
1. Prepare water and soap to peel off the sticky label. Clean up the inside of the can, wash and let it dry completely.
2. Prepare a screwdriver and hammer to make three small holes (drainage holes) in the bottom.
3. Create stone-like appearance with aerosol textured paint. Just spray it on the outside of the can.
Old watering can as container
4. Make drainage holes in the bottom of an old metal watering can and create three to four ¼-inch holes.
5. Take soap and water to clean up the can inside and out. Sometimes, some metal watering cans have a handle on the top part. However, you can use screwdriver to remove it.
6. The last step, you can paint the can or leave it unpainted and let the weather to create a nice rustic appearance.